Details for Benchmark: BS1277
N 31° 41.383 W 083° 18.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BEN HILL county, GA View Original Datasheet
- B 338
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
5.05 MI SW FROM FITZGERALD. 0.2 MILES WEST ALONG EAST CENTRAL AVENUE FROM THE COURTHOUSE AT FITZGERALD, THENCE 0.6 MILES SOUTH ALONG US HIGHWAY 129 (SOUTH GRANT STREET), THENCE 1.5 MILES WEST ALONG ROANOKE STREET, THENCE 2.75 MILES WEST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD,45 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 28.5 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF A GRADED ROAD LEADING WEST 21.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A 36 INCH PIPE CULVERT LEADING UNDER THE HIGHWAY 17 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 24 INCH PIPE CULVERT LEADING UNDER THE GRADED ROAD, 5.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE CORNER AND 2.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF A POWER POLE WITH NO LINES. THE MARK IS 2 FT BELOW HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values. The observed gravity was obtained from relative gravimeter ties to the IGSN71 gravity network.