Details for Benchmark: BS1557
N 31° 58.217 W 083° 47.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CRISP county, GA View Original Datasheet
- CORDELE CONCRETE STANDPIPE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1975 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975 (CLN)
STATION WAS RECOVERED AND FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION. THE STANDPIPE IS LOCATED ON THE NORTH EDGE OF THE BUSINESS SECTION IN CORDELE. IT IS APPROXIMATELY 125 FEET HIGH AND CONSTRUCTED OF CONCRETE. IT IS LOCATED 1.0 MILE NORTH OF TRIANGULATION STATION CORDELE 1935.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.