Details for Benchmark: BS1560
N 31° 57.568 W 083° 46.915 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CRISP county, GA View Original Datasheet
- CORDELE AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (JB)
AT CORDELE, 175 FEET EAST OF TOLLEYS MILL, 52.7 FEET NORTH OF SWITCH SIGNAL, 6 FEET EAST-NORTHEAST OF IRON POST, 5.5 FEET WEST OF CENTER LINE OF RAIL OF MAIN TRACK AND 4.4 FEET EAST OF CENTER LINE OF EAST RAIL OF SWITCH TRACK. MARK IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN 6-INCH TERRA COTTA PIPE FILLED WITH CONCRETE, PROJECTS 2 INCHES AND IS ABOUT 0.3 MILE NORTHEAST OF CORDELE (SEE DESCRIPTION THEREOF) N 47 DEG 13 MIN E.
|01/01/1971 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971 (LFS)
STATION SEARCHED FOR BUT NOT FOUND AND APPEARS DESTROYED BY RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY IMPROVEMENTS.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN--AT CORDELE
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.