Details for Benchmark: BS1561
N 31° 57.303 W 083° 46.818 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CRISP county, GA View Original Datasheet
- 10E 31 GAGS 1935
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by GAGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEORGIA GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (JB)
AT CORDELE, 5 PACES NORTH OF CENTER LINE OF GRADE CROSSING, 4.3 FEET EAST OF EAST RAIL OF SWITCH TRACK AND 4.2 FEET WEST OF WEST RAIL OF MAIN TRACK. STATION IS A STATE SURVEY STANDARD DISK SET IN 6-INCH STOVEPIPE FILLED WITH CONCRETE, PROJECTS 1 INCH AND IS 1907 FEET EAST OF CORDELE (SEE DESCRIPTION THEREOF) S 79 DEG 59 MIN E.
|01/01/1971 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971 (LFS)
STATION SEARCHED FOR BUT NOT FOUND AND APPEARS DESTROYED BY RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY IMPROVEMENTS.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN AT CORDELE.
|01/01/1975 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975 (CLN)
STATION WAS SEARCHED FOR BUT NOT FOUND. THE ROAD HAS BEEN WIDENED AND THERE IS ABOUT 6 TRACKS AT THE RAILROAD CROSSING NOW. RAILROAD TRACK AND ROAD IMPROVEMENTS APPARENTLY DESTROYED THE MARK.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN 1/2 MILE SOUTH OF CORDELE ALONG TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.