Details for Benchmark: BU1392
N 31° 01.417 W 087° 29.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ESCAMBIA county, AL View Original Datasheet
- N 11
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1918 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1955 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
IN ATMORE. AT ATMORE, ABOUT 1 BLOCK WEST OF THE LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD STATION, AT THE INTERSECTION OF LOUISVILLE AVENUE (U.S.HIGHWAY 31) AND MAIN STREET, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTH FACE OF 2-STORY TAN BRICK BUILDING (V. J. ELMORE 5 AND 10 CENT STORE), 7 FEET SOUTH OF SOUTH CURB OF HIGHWAY, 14.8 FEET WEST OF WEST CURB OF MAIN STREET, 1.3 FEET WEST OF NORTHEAST CORNER OF BUILDING AND 3.8 FEET ABOVE LEVEL OF SIDE WALK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.