Details for Benchmark: BU1393
N 31° 01.417 W 087° 29.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ESCAMBIA county, AL View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- unspecified disk type (see text)
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by RBNF (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1955 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
IN ATMORE. AT ATMORE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF THE LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD AND MAIN STREET, 47 1/2 FEET NORTH OF NORTH RAIL OF MAIN TRACK, 10 FEET EAST OF EAST CURB OF MAIN STREET, 6 FEET NORTH OF NORTH CURB OF A STREET PARALLELING TRACK, THE HORIZONTAL WEST HALF OF A RAISED CROSS UNDER THE MIDDLE L OF THE WORD LILES ON A BRONZE TABLE WHICH IS COUNTERSUNK IN THE SOUTH BRICK WALL OF A 2-STORY BRICK BUILDING, 1 FOOT EAST OF SOUTHWEST CORNER OF BUILDING AND 4.9 FEET ABOVE LEVEL OF SIDE WALK. THE FOLLOWING WORDS AND LETTERS ARE INSCRIBED IN RAISED CASTNG ON THE BRONZE PLATE. LILES -1- BUILDING 1922 GEODETIC SURVEY BENCH MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.