Details for Benchmark: BU1401
N 31° 01.500 W 087° 26.883 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ESCAMBIA county, AL View Original Datasheet
- C 408
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1955 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
2.65 MI E FROM ATMORE. 2.65 MILES EAST ALONG THE LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ATMORE, ABOUT 139 YARDS EAST OF MILE POST 619, 126 FEET SOUTH AND ACROSS U.S. HIGHWAY 31 FROM THE SOUTH RAIL, 49 FEET SOUTH OF CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY, 1 1/2 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE CORNER, 76 FEET EAST OF A POWER POLE WITH A TRANSFORMER, 171 FEET EAST-NORTHEAST OF NORTHEAST CORNER OF BRICK PILLAR OF PORCH OF A WHITE FRAME HOUSE, 2 FEET EAST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, ABOUT 3 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK ABOUT LEVEL WITH HIGHWAY AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.