Details for Benchmark: BU1469
N 31° 01.133 W 087° 32.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ESCAMBIA county, AL View Original Datasheet
- L 11
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1918 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1955 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
3.2 MI W FROM ATMORE. 3.2 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ATMORE, ABOUT 395 YARDS NORTHEAST OF MILE POST 625, ABOUT 245 YARDS NORTHEAST OF A PRIVATE ROAD CROSSING, IN THE TOP AND 2 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF SOUTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHEAST HEAD WALL OF AN 8-FOOT CONCRETE CULVERT UNDER TRACK, 24 FEET SOUTHEAST OF SOUTHEAST RAIL, 56 FEET NORTHWEST OF CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 31, AND ABOUT 8 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK.
|01/01/1973 by DOD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE 1973
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.