Details for Benchmark: CE0624
N 31° 46.675 W 106° 29.497 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In EL PASO county, TX View Original Datasheet
- WEST 2
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by TX2190 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF EL PASO TEXAS 1981 (DCF)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2.1 KM (1-1/4 MI) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF DOWNTOWN EL PASO, 2.6 KM (1-1/2 MI) NORTHEAST OF THE RIO GRANDE, AND 4.8 KM (3 MI) WEST OF INTERSTATE 10 AND U.S. HIGHWAY 54 INTERCHANGE. OWNERSHIP--CITY OF EL PASO, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NO. 2 CIVIC CENTER PLAZA, EL PASO, TX 79999, TELEPHONE NUMBER 915-543-4200.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF RIM ROAD, KIRBEY AVENUE AND BROWN STREET, GO SOUTH ON RIM ROAD FOR 0.24 KM (0.15 MI) TO STATION ON LEFT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD C OF EL PASO DISK STAMPED---WEST 2 EPGS 1980---, SET INTO THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT 30 CM IN DIAMETER RECESSED 30 CM BELOW THE GROUND. IT IS LOCATED 61.0 METERS (200 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST FROM THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF RIM ROAD AND ANGIE STREET, 15.3 METERS (50.2 FT) EAST-SOUTHEAST FROM THE CENTER OF RIM ROAD, AND 5.3 METERS (17.4 FT) WEST-NORTHWEST FROM A DROP OFF TO THE EAST. THE UNDERGROUND MARK IS A STANDARD C OF EL PASO DISK STAMPED---WEST 2 EPGS 1980---, SET INTO AN IRREGULAR MASS OF CONCRETE 1.1 METERS BELOW THE SURFACE.
THE STATION IS SURROUNDED BY AN IRON COLLAR WITH LID. HEIGHT OF LIGHT SHOWN ABOVE THE MARK WAS 1.2 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.