Details for Benchmark: CF0274
N 31° 38.121 W 108° 23.925 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HIDALGO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- BIG HATCHET
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1917 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1977
STATION WAS REACHED BY HELICOPTER.
A ROCK CAIRN WAS ERRECTED OVER THE MARK. A STANDARD BRONZE DISK STAMPED ---BIG HATCHET 1938--- SET IN A SLIGHT DEPRESSION IN BEDROCK.
REFERENCE MARKS - NONE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1993.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.