Details for Benchmark: CG0028
N 31° 58.650 W 110° 13.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCHISE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by AZHD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1952 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
4.5 MI NE FROM BENSON. 4.45 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT BENSON TO RAILROAD BRIDGE 1037.20, THENCE 0.05 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG THE BANK OF A WASH TO THE LARGE HIGHWAY BRIDGE, IN TOP OF THE CENTER OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE HEADWALL OF STATE HIGHWAY 86 BRIDGE, 361.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF BRIDGE 1037.20, 17 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, ABOUT 0.7 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
8.4 KILOMETERS (5.25 MILES) EAST ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 FROM THE OCOTILLO STREET UNDERPASS AT BENSON, AT A FRONTAGE ROAD BRIDGE OVER A DRY WASH, IN THE TOP CENTER OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB, 4.8 METERS (15.5 FEET) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE FRONTAGE ROAD AND 21.9 METERS (72 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE CURB. THE MARK IS 0.1 M ABOVE FRONTAGE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.