Details for Benchmark: CG0120
N 31° 55.050 W 110° 18.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCHISE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- S 78
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
3.2 MI SE FROM WHETSTONE. 3.2 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC CO. RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT WHETSTONE, COCHISE COUNTY, 5-1/2 POLES NORTH OF MILEPOST 1032, 70 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, 25 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF A DIRT ROAD, AND 25 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A POINT 20 FEET SOUTH OF A WIRE GATE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED S 78 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.