Details for Benchmark: CG0359
N 31° 58.667 W 110° 40.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- T 399
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
22.4 MI SE FROM TUCSON. 20.0 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 80 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 80 AND 89 IN THE SOUTH PART OF TUCSON, THENCE 2.45 MILE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 83 FROM THE SOUTH END OF THE SONOITA OVERPASS, 15.6 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF A POWERLINE BRACE POLE, 2.6 FEET EAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, A BRONZE DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12-INCH CONCRETE CYLINDER WHICH PROJECTS 3 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.