Details for Benchmark: CG0608
N 31° 25.800 W 111° 10.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CRUZ county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- V 117
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
6.0 MI SE FROM RUBY. 6.0 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE NOGALES ROAD FROM RUBY, SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, 1.0 MILE NORTHWEST OF JUNCTION OF A ROAD LEADING SOUTH TO TESCOSA RANCH, 0.8 MILE SOUTHEAST OF A CREEK CROSSING AND THE JUNCTION OF A ROAD LEADING SOUTH TO BEAR VALLEY, 60 FEET WEST OF A 24-INCH LIVE OAK TREE, AND 55 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED V 117 1935 AND SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1977 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1977
6.0 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG NOGALES ROAD FROM RUBY. 1.0 MILE NORTHWEST OF A JUNCTION LEADING SOUTHWEST TO BEAR VALLEY RANCH. 0.8 MILE SOUTHEAST OF A CREEK CROSSING. 60 FEET WEST OF A 24 INCH LIVE OAK TREE. 55 FEET NORTH OF THE C/L OF ROAD. SET IN TOP OF CONCRETE POST. A STANDARD DISK STAMPED V 117 1935.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.