Details for Benchmark: CG1152
N 31° 57.771 W 110° 45.158 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1987 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1987 (AT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 12 MILES EAST OF SAHUARITA, 5 MILES SOUTHWEST OF VAIL ALONG THE NORTH SIDE OF SAHUARITA ROAD. THE STATION MARK IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---GUARD 1987---. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 4 INCHES. 98 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A CATTLE GUARD, 40 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF SAHUARITA ROAD AND 4 FEET NORTH OF THE WITNESS POST AND SIGN. REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---GUARD RM 1 1987---. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT. REFERENCE MARK 2 IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---GUARD RM 2 1987---. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT. TO REACH THE STATION FROM INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 AND HOUGHTON ROAD TRAFFIC INTERCHANGE 11 MILES EAST OF TUCSON. TRAVEL SOUTH ALONG HOUGHTON ROAD FOR 6.7 MILES TO SAHUARITA ROAD. TURN LEFT AND TRAVEL EAST ALONG SAHUARITA ROAD FOR 1.15 MILES TO A CATTLE GUARD AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.