Details for Benchmark: CH0097
N 31° 54.950 W 112° 56.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- M 308
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
9.45 MI NW FROM LUKEVILLE. 0.95 MILE NORTH ALONG SONOYTA-AJO HIGHWAY FROM THE POST OFFICE AT LUKEVILLE TO JUNCTION, THENCE 8.5 MILES WEST ALONG THE QUITOVOQUITO ROAD, ON TOP OF A LOW RIDGE, 48 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 45.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE U. S. - MEXICAN FENCE LINE, 2.1 FEET NORTH OF THE WITNESS POST, IN A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.3 FOOT, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.