Details for Benchmark: CH0131
N 31° 52.850 W 112° 49.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- G 471
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
IN LUKEVILLE. IN LUKEVILLE, 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) NORTHEAST OF THE U.S.-MEXICO BORDER, 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) NORTHWEST OF THE U.S. CUSTOMS BUILDING, SET IN TOP OF THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF THE CONCRETE CASING AROUND THE CITY WELL, 100.3 M (329 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 85, 2.3 M (7.5 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF A WATER TANK, 1.1 M (3.5 FT) NORTHWEST OF A CHAIN LINK FENCE AROUND THE WELL AND WATER TANKS. NOTE-THE WELL DEPTH IS 200 FT. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.