Details for Benchmark: CK5959
N 32° 04.212 W 081° 06.411 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CHATHAM county, GA View Original Datasheet
- BV 025 70
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Johann Panholtz found CK5959
Park on the side of the west bound lane and walk up the hill so that you end up in the median. Avoid the prickly vegetation and find the witness post. The mark is nearby.
Getting wet, Johann Panholtz
[Photos:]A weather washed mark
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by GADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1983 (WRN)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN SAVANNAH ABOUT 2 KM (1.25 MI) SOUTHWEST OF THE CITY HALL ON STATE RIGHT OF WAY. OWNERSHIP--STATE OF GEORGIA.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 16 AND WEST BROAD STREET (U.S. HIGHWAYS 80 SOUTH AND 17 SOUTH AND STATE ROUTES 25 AND 26 SOUTH), GO SOUTHWEST ALONG INTERSTATE 16 FOR 0.8 KM (0.5 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT NEAR A BRIDGE OVER U.S. HIGHWAY 17 ALT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD GADT DISK STAMPED---025-70---, SET INTO THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT 25.4 CM IN DIAMETER FLUSH WITH GROUND. IT IS LOCATED 6.1 METERS (20.0 FT) SOUTH FROM THE CENTERLINE OF THE WEST-BOUND LANES OF INTERSTATE 16, 6.4 METERS (21.0 FT) EAST FROM THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE WEST-BOUND BRIDGE OVER U.S. HIGHWAY 17 ALT, 7.68 METERS (25.2 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE NORTHEAST END OF THE EAST-BOUND BRIDGE OVER U.S. HIGHWAY 17 ALT, AND 1.07 METERS (3.5 FT) SOUTH FROM A METAL WITNESS POST. THE UNDERGROUND MARK IS A STANDARD GADT DISK STAMPED---025-70---, SET INTO AN IRREGULAR MASS OF CONCRETE 0.9 METERS BELOW THE SURFACE.
DESCRIBED BY T.B. KNIGHT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.