Details for Benchmark: CL0519
N 32° 42.300 W 083° 22.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TWIGGS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- R 26=GUN RM
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1918 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1918
2.8 MI NW FROM JEFFERSONVILLE. ABOUT 2.8 MI VIA US HIGHWAY 80 NW OF THE MACON, DUBLIN, AND SAVANNAH RAILWAY STATION AT JEFFERSONVILLE, TWIGGS COUNTY, BETWEEN TELEPHONE POLES NOS. 644 AND 645, ON THE BANK OF A CUT, 130 FT ENE OF A 5-FOOT STORM-DAMAGED OAK, 64 FT ENE OF THE CENTERLINE, 33.5 FT SE OF A 12-IN PINE, AND 32.5 FT WSW OF AND ABOUT 5 FT ABOVE THE RR SOUTHWESTERN RAIL. A STANDARD REFERENCE DISK IS STAMPED GUN 1918 R 26 ELEV. 542.683 AND IS SET IN A NOTE-11A MONUMENT THAT PROJECTS 4 IN.
|01/01/1962 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code D indicates a distribution rate of 3.1 thru 4.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.