Details for Benchmark: CL0520
N 32° 42.217 W 083° 22.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TWIGGS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- G 276
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
2.7 MI NW FROM JEFFERSONVILLE. ABOUT 2.7 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE SEABOARD AIR LINE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT JEFFRERSONVILLE, 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 20, NEAR THE JUNCTION OF A DIRT DRIVE LEADING SOUTHWEST, 30.2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 70 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 80, 87 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF THE DRIVE AND THE HIGHWAY 3 FEET NORTHWEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, IN LINE WITH A ROW OF POLES, 1.6 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY, 1 1/2 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
|01/01/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.