Details for Benchmark: CL0529
N 32° 40.867 W 083° 20.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TWIGGS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- D 27=GETTY RM
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1918 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1959 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
0.6 MI SE FROM JEFFERSONVILLE. ABOUT 0.6 MI SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG THE SEABOARD AIR LINE RR FROM THE COURTHOUSE IN JEFFERSONVILLE, ABOUT 0.5 MI SOUTHEASTERLY FROM THE RR STATION, ABOUT 75 YDS SE OF A PRIVATE-ROAD CROSSING, NEAR THE CENTER OF THE FIRST CURVE SE OF THE RR STATION, 30 FT NE OF NE RAIL, ABOUT 0.8 FOOT HIGHER THAN TOP OF SAME, 13-1/2 FT NW OF A FENCE THAT EXTENDS NORTHEASTERLY, 2 FT SW OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, 24.6 FT IN BEARING ABOUT N 11 DEGREES W FROM 1 B 16 (GA. GEOD. S.), AND FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
|01/01/1974 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1974
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.