Details for Benchmark: CL0800
N 32° 02.350 W 083° 48.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DOOLY county, GA View Original Datasheet
- G 79
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
3.4 MI S FROM VIENNA. 3.4 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST LINE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT VIENNA, DOOLY COUNTY, 0.3 MILE SOUTH OF MILEPOST 169, 24 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A CROSSING SIGN, 42 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A ROAD CROSSING, 29 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, AND 19.2 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED G 79 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1972 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.