Details for Benchmark: CL1034
N 32° 59.083 W 083° 43.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- L 239
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
3 MI S FROM DAMES FERRY. ABOUT 3.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY FROM THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 18 AT DAMES FERRY, ABOUT 0.5 MILE SOUTH OF MILE POST 227, AND 5 RAILS SOUTH OF RAILROAD SIGNAL NO. 227-64, ABOUT 1 RAIL NORTH OF THE NORTH END OF A 40-FOOT BRIDGE, 34 FEET EAST OF EAST RAIL, 42 FEET NORTHEAST OF A VERTICAL RAIL PROJECTING 4 FEET WHICH IS LOCATED AT NORTHEAST CORNER OF BRIDGE, 3 FEET NORTH OF THE FIRST TELEPHONE POLE NORTH OF BRIDGE AND IS IN LINE WITH ROW OF POLES, 2 FEET SOUTH OF A STEEL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 8 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.