Details for Benchmark: CL1126
N 32° 40.867 W 083° 20.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TWIGGS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- 1 B 16
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by GAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
0.4 MI SE FROM JEFFERSONVILLE. ABOUT 0.45 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SEABOARD AIR LINE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT JEFFERSONVILLE, 0.35 MILE SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 23, 90 YARDS SOUTHEAST OF A DIRT ROAD CROSSING, AT THE OUTSIDE OF A CURVE, 19.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, 100 FEET NORTHEAST OF AND ACROSS THE TRACK FROM THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 80, 61 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF TELEGRAPH POLE NO. 748, 11 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE LINE, 1.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST, 3 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST 3 INCHES UNDERGROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.