Details for Benchmark: CL1391
N 32° 40.114 W 083° 19.539 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TWIGGS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- ICE=G 27
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1918 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
ABOUT 1-1/2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF JEFFERSONVILLE, ON MACON, DUBLIN AND SAVANNAH RAILWAY, 10 TELEGRAPH POLES WEST OF WHISTLE POST, AT EAST END OF CUT AND 24.0 FEET SOUTH OF SOUTH RAIL. REFERENCE MARK = F-27 IS 95 YARDS NORTHWEST OF PRIVATE ROAD CROSSING, 46.2 FEET SOUTH OF SOUTH RAIL, 26 FEET NORTHEAST OF CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 80, 9.695 METERS (31.81 FEET) FROM STATION IN GRID AZIMUTH 215 DEG 19 MIN. IN 1934 STATION MARK WAS REPORTED DESTROYED.
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949 (CMT)
STATION IS ABOUT 1.6 MILES SE ALONG THE MACON, DUBLIN AND SAVANNAH RAILROAD FROM THE RAILROAD DEPOT AT JEFFERSONVILLE. THE STATION MARK WAS REPORTED IN 1934 AS DESTROYED AND THIS IS OBVIOUSLY TRUE. THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION PLACES IT WHERE EXCAVATION DONE WOULD HAVE REMOVED IT. PIECES OF CONCRETE SIMILAR TO MONUMENT CONCRETE WERE FOUND ABOUT 25 FEET NW OF THE DESCRIBED LOCATION.
THE WHOLE REFERENCE MARK MONUMENT WHICH WAS B.M. F 27 WAS FOUND UPROOTED AND ACROSS THE HIGHWAY FROM ITS DESCRIBED LOCATION. THE DISK WAS REMOVED AND FORWARDED TO THE WASHINGTON OFFICE.
NOTE--REFERENCE MARK DISK STAMPED ICE 1918 F 27 ELEV. 508.726 RECEIVED AT THE WASHINGTON OFFICE 7/19/49.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code C indicates a distribution rate of 2.1 thru 3.0 mm/km.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.