Details for Benchmark: CL1399
N 32° 41.573 W 083° 22.368 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TWIGGS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- RUG=U 26
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1918 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
ABOUT 1-3/4 MILES WEST ALONG THE MACON, DUBLIN AND SAVANNAH RAILWAY FROM JEFFERSONVILLE, BETWEEN THE FIRST AND SECOND TELEGRAPH POLES EAST OF MILEPOST 21, ON EXTENSION OF WEST TANGENT TO SOUTH RAIL, 4.00 METERS (13.1 FEET) SOUTH FROM SOUTH RAIL. REFERENCE MARK = T-26 IS 22.538 METERS (73.94 FEET) FROM STATION IN GRID AZIMUTH 34 DEG 28 MIN. IN 1934 IT WAS REPORTED THAT STATION WAS DESTROYED, AND REFERENCE MARK COULD NOT BE LOCATED.
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949 (CMT)
STATION WAS REPORTED IN 1934 AS DESTROYED AND THIS IS EVIDENTLY TRUE. THE DESCRIPTION LOCATES A POINT WHERE DITCH CLEANING OPERATIONS BY THE MACON, DUBLIN AND SAVANNAH RAILROAD HAS REMOVED TWO OR THREE FEET OF THE ORIGINAL SURFACE EARTH.
THE REFERENCE MARK WHICH IS NUMBERED ONLY AS B.M. T 26 PLACES WHERE CONSTRUCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 80 HAS REMOVED CONSIDERABLE EARTH. APPARENTLY IT HAS ALSO BEEN DESTROYED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code C indicates a distribution rate of 2.1 thru 3.0 mm/km.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.