Details for Benchmark: CL2408
N 32° 41.304 W 083° 20.801 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TWIGGS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- JEFFERSONVILLE MUN TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1976 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1976 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE APEX OF VENT ATOP THE JEFFERSONVILLE MUNICIPAL WATER TANK. THE TANK HAS A CYLINDRICAL BODY WITH A DOME TOP AND HEMISPHERICAL BOTTOM, SUPPORTED BY FOUR TUBULAR STEEL LEGS. IT IS SILVER IN COLOR AND APPROXIMATELY 130 FEET HIGH.
LOCATED IN JEFFERSONVILLE, 0.05 MILE WEST OF THE COURTHOUSE 225 FEET NORTHEAST OF RAILROAD TRACKS AND 250 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 18.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.