Details for Benchmark: CL2409
N 32° 41.377 W 083° 21.216 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TWIGGS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- JEFFERSONVILLE TWIGGS LOT
- Marker Type:
- lookout tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1976 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1976 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE APEX OF THE OBSERVATION CABIN OF THE JEFFERSONVILLE TWIGGS COUNTY GEORGIA STATE FOREST SERVICE FIRE LOOKOUT TOWER. IT IS A STANDARD OBSERVATION CABIN ATOP A FOUR-LEGGED SKELETON STEEL TOWER, GRAY IN COLOR AND APPROXIMATELY 110 FEET HIGH.
LOCATED ABOUT 0.45 MILE WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF JEFFERSONVILLE, 50 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF BULLARD ROAD AND 110 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF U. S. HIGHWAY 80.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.