Details for Benchmark: CM0353
N 32° 27.367 W 084° 59.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MUSCOGEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- D 296
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- a metal rod with base plate buried/screwed into the ground
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
0.8 MI S FROM COLUMBUS. ABOUT 0.85 MILE SOUTH ALONG 6TH AVENUE FROM THE UNION STATION AND THE INTERSECTION OF 6TH AVENUE AND 12TH STREET AT COLUMBUS, 0.1 MILE SOUTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF 6TH AVENUE AND 6TH STREET, 65 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF 6TH AVENUE, ALONG A SPUR TRACK OF THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY AND AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF AN OIL STORAGE LOT THAT IS PRESENTLY OCCUPIED BY THE GULF OIL COMPANY, 21 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE EAST TRACK OF THE RAILROAD SPUR, 63 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE 3RD TELEPHONE POLE SOUTH OF 6TH STREET, 6.2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A GULF SIGN, 9 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE GATE AT THE WEST ENTRANCE TO THE STORAGE LOT, 1 FOOT WEST OF A NORTH-SOUTH FENCE, ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREET, A DISK ON THE TOP OF A 4-FOOT SECTION OF 5/8-INCH COPPER COATED ROD THAT WAS SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND IS ENCASED IN A 6-INCH PLASTIC PIPE THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.