Details for Benchmark: CM0359
N 32° 28.333 W 084° 59.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MUSCOGEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- A 200
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
0.8 MI NW FROM COLUMBUS. ABOUT 0.5 MILE WEST ALONG 12TH STREET FROM THE UNION STATION AND THE INTERSECTION OF 12TH STREET AND 6TH AVENUE AT COLUMBUS, THENCE 0.25 MILE NORTH ALONG BROADWAY, THENCE 0.1 MILE WEST ALONG 14TH STREET, AT THE EAST END OF THE 14TH STREET BRIDGE OVER THE CHATTAHOOCHEE RIVER, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE EAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF THE BRIDGE, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE GUARDRAIL POST AT THE EAST END OF THE SOUTH GUARDRAIL, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.