Details for Benchmark: CM0360
N 32° 28.650 W 084° 59.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MUSCOGEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- Q 52
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
1.4 MI NW FROM COLUMBUS. ABOUT 0.5 MILE WEST ALONG 12TH STREET FROM THE UNION STATION AND THE INTERSECTION OF 12TH STREET AND 6TH AVENUE AT COLUMBUS, THENCE 0.25 MILE NORTH ALONG BROADWAY, THENCE 0.25 MILE EAST ALONG 14TH STREET, THENCE 0.35 MILE NORTH ALONG 3RD AVENUE, AT THE JUNCTION OF 3RD AVENUE AND RAILROAD STREET, AND THE CROSSING OF 3RD AVENUE AND THE CENTRAL OF GEORGIA RAILWAY, IN A VERY SMALL PARK BETWEEN THE TRACK AND RAILROAD STREET, 15 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 59 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF 3RD AVENUE, 19 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF RAILROAD STREET, 11 1/2 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE WEST END OF A 10-INCH PIPE CULVERT UNDER A FOOT PATH, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST 2 INCHES UNDERGROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.