Details for Benchmark: CM0362
N 32° 28.700 W 084° 59.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MUSCOGEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- G 292
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Ladyshell marked CM0362 as destroyed
This benchmark was destroyed during the widening of 5th Avenue.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
1.6 MI NW FROM COLUMBUS. ABOUT 0.5 MILE WEST ALONG 12TH STREET FROM THE UNION STATION AND THE INTERSECTION OF 12TH STREET AND 6TH AVENUE AT COLUMBUS, THENCE 0.25 MILE NORTH ALONG BROADWAY, THENCE 0.25 MILE EAST ALONG 14TH STREET, THENCE 0.35 MILE NORTH ALONG 3RD AVENUE, THENCE 0.2 MILE EAST ALONG THE CENTRAL OF GEORGIA RAILWAY, THENCE 0.05 MILE NORTH ALONG 5TH AVENUE, NEAR THE SOUTH JUNCTION OF 17TH STREET AND 5TH AVENUE, 144 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A CHAIN LINK FENCE AROUND THE LINWOOD CEMETERY, 25.6 FEET NORTH OF A TURN FROM SOUTH TO SOUTHEAST IN THE NORTH-SOUTH CEMETERY FENCE, 56 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF 5TH AVENUE, 1/2 FOOT WEST OF THE FENCE, 3 FEET WEST OF A POWER POLE, 0.4 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 4 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF 5TH AVENUE, AND ON THE TOP OF A 5/8-INCH COPPER COATED ROD THAT WAS DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 32 FEET, IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, AND IS ENCASED IN A 5-INCH METAL PIPE THAT PROJECTS 1 INCH ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.