Details for Benchmark: CM0947
N 32° 28.617 W 085° 00.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In RUSSELL county, AL View Original Datasheet
- R 387
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
AT PHENIX CITY. AT PHENIX CITY, ABOUT 0.6 MILE EAST ALONG THE CENTRAL OF GEORGIA RAILWAY FROM THE STATION, 26 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF 6TH AVENUE, 21 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 11 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, 6 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF THE WEST BOUND LANES OF RAILROAD STREET, 3.2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF RAILWAY CROSSING SIGN (A 10-FOOT HIGH VERTICAL RAIL), ABOUT 1 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST 2 INCHES BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.