Details for Benchmark: CM0953
N 32° 27.733 W 085° 00.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In RUSSELL county, AL View Original Datasheet
- P 387
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
AT PHENIX CITY. AT PHENIX CITY, IN THE SOUTHWEST PART OF TOWN, AT THE JUNCTION OF 9TH AVENUE AND SANDFORT ROAD, 28 FEET EAST OF CENTER LINE OF 9TH AVENUE, 19 FEET NORTHWEST OF CENTER LINE OF SANDFORT ROAD, 8 FEET EAST OF A STREET SIGN POST, 1 1/2 FEET WEST OF A POWER POLE, ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF 9TH AVENUE AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES. NOTE-- TO REACH MARK FROM CITY HALL IN PHENIX CITY GO SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 241 (BROAD STREET) FOR ABOUT 0.3 MILE, THENCE ABOUT 0.2 MILE WEST ALONG DILLINGHAM STREET, THENCE 1 BLOCK SOUTH ALONG 9TH AVENUE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.