Details for Benchmark: CM1923
N 32° 28.129 W 084° 59.404 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MUSCOGEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- RALSTON 1917
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1917 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1917 (CLG)
IN COLUMBUS, ON THE CONCRETE SLAB ROOF OF THE ELEVATOR SHAFT OF THE RALSTON HOTEL. MARK IS A TABLET SET IN CONCRETE ROOF.
|01/01/1949 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949 (CMT)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. THE MANAGER OF THE RALSTON HOTEL, MR. OSCAR L. BETTS, JR. EXPECTED TO HAVE SOME STRUCTURAL CHANGES MADE ON TOP OF THE HOTEL, WHICH WOULD AFFECT THE LOCATION OF THIS MARK, BUT THAT HE WOULD REFERENCE IT IN BEFORE DOING SO, SO THAT THE HORIZONTAL POSITION OF THE SURVEY MARK CAN BE ACCURATELY RELOCATED.
|01/01/1974 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1974 (LHW)
THE STATION MARK WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. IT IS PRESENTLY SITUATED UNDER A LARGE STEEL SIGN AND COULD NOT BE OCCUPIED AT THIS TIME.
THE STATION IS LOCATED ATOP THE ELEVATOR SHAFT ROOF OF THE RALSTON HOTEL IN THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF 2ND AVENUE AND 12TH STREET. COLUMBUS, GEORGIA.
THE DISK IS 5.2 FEET WEST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE ROOF, 4.5 FEET EAST OF THE WEST EDGE AND 2.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE ROOF.
THE STATION WAS INTERSECTED AND A GEODIMETER TIE WAS MADE FROM TRIANGULATION STATION COURTHOUSE, SEE DESCRIPTION THEREOF. THE DISTANCE BEING--600.055 METERS, OR (1968.68 FEET).
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN AT COLUMBUS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.