Details for Benchmark: CM1924
N 32° 28.105 W 084° 59.049 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MUSCOGEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- COLUMBUS F
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1917 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1917 (CLG)
ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF 12TH STREET, OPPOSITE THE UNION STATION IN COLUMBUS, ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE MAIN TRACK OF CENTRAL OF GEORGIA RAILWAY, MIDWAY BETWEEN THE TWO WESTERNMOST TRACKS THAT ENTER THE TRAIN SHED. SURFACE AND UNDERGROUND MARKS ARE SET. REFERENCE MARK NO. 1 IS A TRIANGULATION TABLET AT FOOT OF SOUTHWEST COLUMN OF TRAIN SHED AND IS 100.5 FEET FROM STATION. REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 IS A RAILROAD IRON AT NORTHEAST CORNER OF GOLDENS FOUNDRY AND MACHINE CO. BUILDING, AND IS 34.3 FEET FROM STATION.
|01/01/1947 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1947 (CMD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. IN DESCRIPTION DELETE MIDWAY AS TRACKS HAVE BEEN MOVED AND STATION IS NEARER WEST TRACK, NOW 5.7 FEET EAST OF EAST RAIL OF WESTMOST TRACK THAT ENTERS THE TRAIN SHED.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 HAS BEEN REMOVED
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.