Details for Benchmark: CM1926
N 32° 28.473 W 084° 58.992 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MUSCOGEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- COLUMBUS G
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1917 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1917 (CLG)
IN COLUMBUS, ON THE NORTH SIDE OF 14TH STREET, AT FOOT OF SMALL CLIFF, 136 FEET EAST OF CENTRAL OF GEORGIA RAILWAY MAIN TRACK, 106 FEET FROM CENTER LINE OF 14TH STREET. SURFACE AND UNDERGROUND MARKS ARE SET. REFERENCE MARK IS NAIL OR BOLT IN CONCRETE MOUND, 88-1/2 FEET FROM STATION.
|01/01/1947 by USGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1947 (CMD)
STATION DESTROYED. SURFACE MARKER DEFACED AND REMOVED. SUB-SURFACE MARKER DESTROYED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.