Details for Benchmark: CM1950
N 32° 28.383 W 084° 59.642 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MUSCOGEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- COLUMBUS FIELDCREST MILL STACK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE TOP CENTER OF THE COLUMBUS FIELDCREST MILL COMPANY STACK. IT IS A CONCRETE STACK ABOUT 15 FEET IN DIAMETER AT THE BASE, PAINTED WHITE WITH A BLACK TOP, AND APPROXIMATELY 200 FEET HIGH.
LOCATED 0.7 MILE NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE COURTHOUSE IN COLUMBUS ALONG THE EAST BANK OF THE CHATTAHOOCHEE RIVER, AT THE CENTER OF THE PLANT COMPLEX, ALONG SOUTH SIDE OF 14TH STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.