Details for Benchmark: CM1952
N 32° 28.326 W 084° 59.053 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MUSCOGEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- COLUMBUS SWIFT TEXTILES TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE BALL ATOP AND CENTER OF THE COLUMBUS SWIFT TEXTILES INCORPORATED WATER TANK. THE TANK HAS A CYLINDRICAL BODY WITH A DOME-SHAPED TOP AND HEMISPHERICAL BOTTOM, SUPPORTED BY FOUR I-BEAM LEGS. IT IS WHITE IN COLOR AND APPROXIMATELY 175 FEET HIGH.
LOCATED 0.7 MILE NORTHEAST OF THE COURTHOUSE IN COLUMBUS, 0.1 MILE NORTH OF THE RAILROAD OVERPASS ON 13TH STREET, 200 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF 6TH AVENUE, AND AT THE SOUTH END OF THE PLANT COMPLEX.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.