Details for Benchmark: CM1953
N 32° 28.810 W 084° 59.470 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MUSCOGEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- COLUMBUS GA PWR MICROWAVE
- Marker Type:
- microwave tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE LIGHT ATOP AND NOT CENTERED OF THE COLUMBUS GEORGIA POWER MICROWAVE WDX 88 TOWER. IT IS A THREE-LEGGED TOWER, PAINTED ALTERNATELY RED AND WHITE, APPROXIMATELY 215 FEET HIGH, AND HAS ONE LARGE AND TWO SMALL DISH SHAPED ANTENNAS ON TOP.
LOCATED AIRLINE 1.2 MILES NORTH OF THE COURTHOUSE IN COLUMBUS, 0.15 MILE EAST OF THE CHATTAHOOCHEE RIVER, 144 FEET NORTH OF 18TH STREET, AND 156 FEET EAST OF RAILROAD TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.