Details for Benchmark: CM1954
N 32° 28.078 W 084° 57.871 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MUSCOGEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- BV 106 209 GADT 1974
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1974 by GADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1974 (WRN)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN COLUMBUS ON TOP OF THE AMERICAN FAMILY LIFE TOWER BUILDING AT 1932 WYNNTON ROAD OWNED BY THE AMERICAN FAMILY LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY OF COLUMBUS.
TO REACH THE BUILDING FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTE 22, MACON ROAD, AND STATE ROUTE 1, LINDSEY CREEK BY-PASS, IN COLUMBUS, GO WEST ALONG STATE ROUTE 22 FOR 1.9 MILES TO THE AMERICAN FAMILY LIFE TOWER BUILDING ON THE LEFT.
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON TOP OF THE PENTHOUSE, THE HIGHEST POINT ON THE BUILDING, APPROXIMATELY 20 STORIES ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE, 10.86 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE PENTHOUSE ROOF, 12.23 FEET EAST OF THE WEST EDGE OF THE PENTHOUSE ROOF, 28.34 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE PENTHOUSE ROOF, 14.60 FEET WEST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE PENTHOUSE ROOF, AND 10.1 FEET NORTH OF A TWO-INCH DIAMETER PIPE SUPPORTING TWO SMALL AIRWAY OBSTRUCTION WARNING LIGHTS ABOUT 8 FEET ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE PENTHOUSE ROOF. IT IS A STANDARD BRASS DISK, STAMPED 106 209, SET IN A DRILL HOLE FLUSH WITH THE CONCRETE SURFACE OF THE ROOF.
THE STATIONS LISTED ABOVE WILL SERVE FOR AN AZIMUTH.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.