Details for Benchmark: CM1955
N 32° 27.810 W 084° 59.475 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MUSCOGEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1974 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1974 (LHW)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE ROOF OF THE MUSCOGEE COUNTY COURTHOUSE BUILDING AT 2ND AVENUE AND 9TH STREET. COLUMBUS, GEORGIA.
THE STATION MARK, A STANDARD DISK STAMPED COURTHOUSE 1974, IS CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A CONCRETE HELICOPTER LANDING PAD WHICH PROJECTS APPROXIMATELY 6 INCHES ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE ROOF. IT IS 65.5 FEET EAST OF THE WEST WALL, 51.5 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTH WALL AND 20.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH WALL OF THE BUILDING TOP.
REFERENCE MARK 1, A STANDARD DISK STAMPED COURTHOUSE NO 1 1974, IS CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE PAD.
REFERENCE MARK 2, A STANDARD DISK STAMPED COURTHOUSE NO 2 1974, IS CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE PAD.
BV 106 209 (GADT) CAN BE USED AS AN AZIMUTH MARK, SEE DESCRIPTION THEREOF.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.35 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.