Details for Benchmark: CN0053
N 32° 32.117 W 086° 12.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ELMORE county, AL View Original Datasheet
- L 13.11
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by USE (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
IN WETUMPKA. AT WETUMPKA, IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE POST OFFICE LAWN, 26 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 14 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE FLAG POLE, ON INSIDE OF ANGLE FORMED BY A CONCRETE WALK AND FREIGHT ENTRANCE TO POST OFFICE, 5 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE SIDE WALK, 9 FEET NORTH OF CENTER LINE OF FREIGHT ENTRANCE, 35 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 11 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.