Details for Benchmark: CP0247
N 32° 17.950 W 090° 11.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HINDS county, MS View Original Datasheet
- Y 9
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by MSHD (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSISSIPPI STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1977
0.2 MI W FROM JACKSON. THE MARK IS LOCATED 0.2 MILE WEST OF THE CENTER OF DOWNTOWN JACKSON ON THE TOP STEP AT THE EAST END OF THE SOUTH ABUTMENT OF THE I.C.G. RAILROAD BRIDGE OVER PEARL STREET IN THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 3, T 5N, R 1E. THE 1968 LOCAL MEASUREMENTS CHECKED. NOTE-- TO REACH FROM THE OLD CAPITOL BUILDING AT THE EAST END OF CAPTIOL STREET IN JACKSON GO SOUTH ON STATE STREET FOR 1 BLOCK TO THE INTERSECTION OF PEARL STREET. TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST ON PEARL STREET FOR 0.7 MILE TO THE OVERPASS AND THE MARK ON THE LEFT.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (GGB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|06/10/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
IN JACKSON, AT THE INTERSECTION OF WEST PEARL STREET AND THE ILLINOIS CENTRAL RAILROAD, IN TOP OF AND 0.7 M (2.3 FT) WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE SOUTH CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF THE RAILROAD OVERPASS OF THE STREET, 10.3 M (33.8 FT) SOUTH OF THE STREET CENTERLINE, 2.1 M (6.9 FT) EAST OF THE NEAR RAIL, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1994.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.