Details for Benchmark: CP0248
N 32° 18.217 W 090° 11.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HINDS county, MS View Original Datasheet
- POINDEXTER RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by MSHD (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSISSIPPI STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1977
0.8 MI W FROM JACKSON. THE MARK IS LOCATED 0.8 MILE WEST OF THE CENTER OF DOWNTOWN JACKSON NEAR THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE POINDEXTER PARK IN A CURB FOR A SAND BED IN THE NORTHWEST 1/4 OF THE SOUTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 4, T 5N, R 1E. IT IS 83.40 FEET WEST OF THE STATION, 178.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF WEST CAPTIOL STREET, 176.5 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE GIPSY SMITH MONUMENT, 74.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF A POLE WITH A LAMP, 57 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A POLE WITH A LAMP SET IN A DRILL HOLE NEAR THE CENTER OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF A CONCRETE CURB FOR A SAND BOX AND IS ABOUT 6 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND. NOTE-- TO REACH FROM THE OLD CAPITOL IN JACKSON GO NORTH ON STATE STREET FOR 0.1 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF AMITE STREET. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST ON AMITE STREET FOR 1.55 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF WEST CAPITOL STREET. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTHEAST ON WEST CAPITOL STREET FOR ABOUT 100 YARDS TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.