Details for Benchmark: CP0251
N 32° 18.217 W 090° 11.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HINDS county, MS View Original Datasheet
- POINDEXTER RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by MSHD (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSISSIPPI STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1977
0.8 MI W FROM JACKSON. THE MARK IS LOCATED 0.8 MILE WEST OF THE CENTER OF DOWNTOWN JACKSON IN THE CURB OF THE STEPS AT THE NORTHWEST ENTRANCE TO THE POINDEXTER PARK IN THE NORTHWEST 1/4 OF THE SOUTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 4, T 5N, R 1E. IT IS 76.38 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE STATION, 95 FEET NORTH OF A POWER POLE WITH A LAMP, 54.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF WEST CAPITOL STREET, 35 FEET NORTHWEST OF A UTILITY POLE WITH TRANSFORMERS SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB OF THE STEPS AT THE NORTHWEST ENTRANCE TO THE PARK AND IS ABOUT 5 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREET. NOTE-- TO REACH FROM THE OLD CAPITOL IN JACKSON GO NORTH ON STATE STREET FOR 0.1 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF AMITE STREET. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST ON AMITE STREET FOR 1.15 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF WEST CAPITOL STREET. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTHEAST ON WEST CAPITOL STREET FOR ABOUT 100 YARDS TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (GGB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values. The observed gravity was obtained from relative gravimeter ties to the IGSN71 gravity network.