Details for Benchmark: CP0311
N 32° 18.017 W 090° 10.967 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HINDS county, MS View Original Datasheet
- CITY AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by MSHD (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSISSIPPI STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1977
IN JACKSON. THE MARK IS LOCATED 0.2 MILE EAST OF THE CENTER OF DOWNTOWN JACKSON IN THE SOUTHWEST ANGLE OF THE INTERSECTION OF CONGRESS AND AMITE STREET, 1 BLOCK NORTH OF CAPITOL STREET IN THE SOUTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 3, T 5N, R 1E. IT IS 74 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF EAST AMITE STREET, 23 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH ONE OF TWO FIRE HYDRANTS, 19 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF NORTH CONGRESS STREET, 12 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE FIRST BRICK PILLAR SOUTH OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE BRICK FENCE AROUND THE GOVERNORS MANSION, 0.8 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CONCRETE BASE OF A LIGHT SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE TOP OF THE WEST CONCRETE CURB OF NORTH CONGRESS STREET AND IS ABOUT 6 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREET. NOTE-- TO REACH FROM THE OLD CAPITOL IN JACKSON GO NORTH ON NORTH STATE STREET FOR 0.1 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF AMITE STREET. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST ON AMITE STREET FOR 2 BLOCKS TO THE INTERSECTION OF SOUTH CONGRESS STREET AND THE MARK ON THE LEFT.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (GGB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|06/10/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
IN JACKSON, AT THE INTERSECTION OF CONGRESS AND AMITE STREETS, IN THE NORTHWEST CONCRETE CURB OF CONGRESS STREET, 22.6 M (74.1 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF AMITE STREET, 5.6 M (18.4 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF CONGRESS STREET, 3.8 M (12.5 FT) EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST FACE OF A BRICK WALL, 0.2 M (0.7 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A UTILITY LIGHT POLE, AND 0.2 M (0.7 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREETS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1994.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.