Details for Benchmark: CP0312
N 32° 17.233 W 090° 10.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HINDS county, MS View Original Datasheet
- G 24
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by MSHD (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSISSIPPI STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1977
0.9 MI SE FROM JACKSON. THE MARK IS LOCATED 0.9 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF DOWNTOWN JACKSON IN THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST ABUTMENT OF THE I.C.G. RAILROAD BRIDGE OVER THE PEARL RIVER IN THE SOUTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 10, T 5N, R 1E. IT IS 3.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST ABUTMENT OF RAILROAD BRIDGE NO. VM 94-4 AND IS ABOUT 1 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK. NOTE-- TO REACH FROM THE OLD CAPITOL BUILDING AT THE EAST END OF CAPTIOL STREET IN JACKSON GO SOUTH ON STATE STREET FOR 0.8 MILE TO THE CROSSING OF THE I.C.G. RAILROAD TRACK. THENCE EAST ALONG THE RAILROAD TRACK FOR ABOUT 0.2 MILE TO THE BRIDGE AND THE MARK ON THE RIGHT. NOTE-- THE MARK IS IN A CONCRETE CAPED BRICK ABUTMENT AND IS LEANING TO THE EAST BECAUSE THE BRICK ARE GIVING WAY. THE MARK SHOULD BE USED WITH CAUTION.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (GGB)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|06/10/1992 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
A THOROUGH SEARCH REVEALED NO EVIDENCE OF THE MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.