Details for Benchmark: CP0315
N 32° 16.950 W 090° 11.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HINDS county, MS View Original Datasheet
- P 224
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by MSHD (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSISSIPPI STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1977
1.2 MI SE FROM JACKSON. THE MARK IS LOCATED 1.2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF DOWNTOWN JACKSON ON THE WEST SIDE OF STATE STREET UNDER THE U.S. HIGHWAY 80 OVERPASS IN THE SOUTHEAST 1/4 OF THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 10, T 5N, R 1E. IT IS 45.5 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF THE SOUTH BOUND LANE OF STATE STREET, 38 FEET EAST OF THE WEST ABUTMENT OF THE OVERPASS, 3 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE NORTH PILLAR OF THE MOST WESTERLY SET POST. IT IS A DISK CRIMPED ON TOP OF A 5/8 INCH COPPER COATED STEEL ROD DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 41 FEET AND IS ENCASED IN A 6 INCH CAST IRON PIPE PROJECTING 6 INCHES. AND IS ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY. NOTE-- TO REACH FROM THE OLD CAPITOL BUILDING AT THE EAST END OF CAPITOL STREET IN JACKSON GO SOUTH ON STATE STREET FOR 1.15 MILES TO THE OVERPASS AND THE MARK ON THE RIGHT.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (GGB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|06/11/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
IN JACKSON, AT THE INTERSECTION OF STATE STREET AND U.S. HIGHWAY 80, 20.9 M (68.6 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE STREET, 3.5 M (11.5 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE HIGHWAY, 0.9 M (3.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH FACE OF THE MOST NORTHERLY OF 2 COLUMNS OF THE FIRST PIER EAST OF THE WEST ABUTMENT, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREET. NOTE--THE DISK IS ENCASED IN A 6-INCH METAL PIPE AND PROJECTS 0.1 M (0.3 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1994.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.