Details for Benchmark: CP0506
N 32° 17.933 W 090° 10.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HINDS county, MS View Original Datasheet
- 55 V 4
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by MSHD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by MSHD (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSISSIPPI STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1977
0.9 MI E FROM JACKSON. THE MARK IS LOCATED 0.9 MILE EAST OF THE CENTER OF DOWNTOWN JACKSON JUST INSIDE OF THE EAST SIDE OF THE CYCLONE FENCE AROUND THE STATE COLISEUM AND FAIRGROUNDS JUST SOUTH OF THE MAIN STREET THROUGH THE GROUNDS ABOUT 200 YARDS SOUTHEAST OF THE COLISEUM IN THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 2, T 5N, R 1E. IT IS 244 FEET SOUTH OF THE PROJECTED CENTER OF AMITE STREET, 169 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A GATE, 113.5 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF GREYMONT STREET, 11.5 FEET EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE PARKING AREA AT A POINT WHERE THE PARKING AREA TURNS TO THE SOUTHWEST, 6 FEET WEST OF A CYCLONE FENCE, 1.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 1 FOOT EAST OF ANOTHER METAL WITNESS POST SET IN THE TOP OF A SQUARE CONCRETE POST ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE PARKING LOT AND IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. NOTE-- TO REACH FROM THE OLD CAPITOL AT THE EAST END OF CAPITOL STREET IN JACKSON GO NORTH ON STATE STREET FOR 0.1 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF AMITE STREET. TURN RIGHT AND GO EAST ON AMITE STREET FOR 0.15 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF JEFFERSON STREET AND THE ENTRANCE TO THE FAIRGROUNDS. CONTINUE EAST THROUGH THE FAIRGROUNDS FOR 0.45 MILE TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT JUST BEFORE REACHING A GATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.